THUNDER STEEL | TINY ROBOT COLLECTIBLES
Made of Steel Made by Hand
Integrating steel with origami folding techniques while preserving mortise-tenon joints structures was one of the greatest breakthroughs. The hand assembling with no involvement of screws, glue, welding demonstrated timeless value of magnificent craftsmanship.
Stainless Steel and Aluminium (Soda Can)
Silver & Blue / Silver & Red
WHAT IS THUNDER STEEL:
From folding aluminium to stainless steel, artist Orson Li dedicated on developing steel collectibles with the image and details of 3.5cm Canbot. Regardless of thickness and hardness of steel, he insisted all joints and structures have to be exact as classic aluminium Canbot. “Thunder Steel“ series retains appearance of Canbot which consists of geometric shapes, such as cubic antenna, triangular prism body ,and double-folded hands and feet, with “no screw, no glue, no welding” involved in assembling process. Each collectible is hand-folded out of stainless steel plates with mortise-tenon structures which perfectly expressed the aesthetics of classic Canbot art.
The latest “Thunder Steel” series included lightning bolt symbol on the chest resembling power and solid quality. In contrary to grey robotic bodyframe, the antenna, eyes and lightning bolt symbol are decorated with colourful soda cans, retaining “upcycling” inspiration. Orson hopes the creativity of his artwork will remind mankind to search for their uniqueness in the identical technology world.
Laser cutting technology is applied to achieve perfection in producing the steel mold, ensuring the strength and preserve meticulous details of the original artwork
Spending two years on research and conducting repetitive tests on different materials, the design team selected 0.4mm stainless steel plate for final production. The material selection is best fit for flexibility required for hand folding process.
With the innovative spirit and hope of passing on original craftsmanship, artist Orson developed revolutionary techniques of steel folding robot sculptures and supervised the production process. The breakthrough will lead Canbots out of art gallery marching toward the world. “Thunder Steel” series enable collectors to touch and feel the delicate craftsmanship of these tiny robot collectibles.
Most orders are shipped within 2 days from the order date. Orders placed on the weekend and select holidays are processed on the next business day.
If we are unable to process your order due to inaccurate or incomplete payment information. Orders with out of stock item(s) may take an additional 3 weeks to custom-made and ship.
- International shipping usually arrives within 10 - 16 business days from the shipped date, excluding holidays.
- Standard delivery is not available for international shipments.
- USPS's local country affiliates will charge the recipient all applicable duty, taxes, and/or brokerage fees C.O.D. in the local currency at the time of delivery. All taxes, duties and customs fees are the responsibility of the recipient of the package. Your local post office or carrier can give you information on the method of payment accepted for the duties, taxes and other fees collected upon delivery.
- For more information regarding your country's custom policies please contact your local customs office.
- Please note: International shipments may be subject to import taxes, duties and customs fees, which are levied once your package reaches the country of destination, and are the responsibility of the recipient.
For local customers, bank deposit and Payme are accepted. Here are the payment details for your reference:
Bank Deposits: HSBC 168-8018850 (Li Ho Shun, Orson)
(Please keep the deposit receipt and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp to (852) 5669-1210.)
After receiving payment, we will proceed to product delivery (Shun Fung Express) and the delivery cost will be paid by receiver.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.